I was bored with my Mac’s boring appearance and wanted to make it more visually appealing. I made the decision to use live wallpaper to do this.
Live wallpapers, often known as video wallpapers, may be the ideal choice if you also want to offer your Mac desktop a distinctive look.
Live wallpapers are animated desktop backdrops that are constantly changing, adding a dynamic sense of motion.
On the other side, video wallpapers are movies that play as your desktop background. Live wallpapers and videos, in contrast to static images, provide a continually changing backdrop that gives your workspace an additional level of customization.
I’ll walk you through the process of setting live wallpaper on your Mac device in this step-by-step tutorial.
Setting up Live Wallpaper on Mac
5 minutes are required.
You can use Live Wallpaper on your Mac computer by performing the actions shown below.
1. Install your live wallpaper app. Depending on where you download the live wallpaper app, the installation process may vary.
2. If you download and install 4K Dynamic Wallpaper from the Mac App Store, simply click Open. If you downloaded it from a website, read the installation instructions carefully and drag and drop the wallpaper file into the designated folder on your Mac.
3. Set the live wallpaper. To set the live wallpaper, select Video. You will find several live wallpapers displayed on the screen, choose your choice and download it.
4. Then, choose Set as Desktop. Adjust any additional settings, such as the wallpaper s positioning, and then close the window. Congratulations, your Mac now has a live wallpaper!
5. Go to the desktop page to check if the video wallpaper is set correctly. It s worth noting that most wallpaper apps on the Mac App Store only allow you to choose from already saved videos or gifs. However, the 4K Dynamic Wallpaper app allows you to use a personalized video or one you downloaded online as wallpaper.
Setting Up Video Wallpapers on Mac (Method 1)
1. Find a live wallpaper app. To set up a video wallpaper on your Mac using a personalized video, you can use the 4K Dynamic Wallpaper app.
2. Download, install, and open 4K Dynamic Wallpaper from the Mac App Store.
Import local video: Click on Import Local Video > choose a video saved in a folder on your desktop
3. Set the video as wallpaper:
4. Go to the desktop page to check if the video wallpaper is set correctly.
5. The end! Using the 4K Dynamic background program, you’ve successfully put up a video background on your Mac.
Setting up Video Wallpapers for Mac (Method 2)
Following these steps makes adding a video wallpaper to your Mac’s desktop simple.
1. Choose a compatible video: Select a video in MP4 or MOV format to use as your wallpaper.
2. Download and install a third-party app: Since MacOS doesn t natively support video wallpapers, you’ll need a third-party app to play videos in the background of your desktop. Apps like VLC, Wallpaper Engine, or IINA can be downloaded from the Mac App Store, or you can find more options with a simple Google search.
3. Set up the video: After installing the app, open it and play the video you want as your wallpaper. Right-click the video window and select Video > Set as Wallpaper or a similar option, depending on the app.
4. Adjust settings: You can adjust the video s position, playback speed, and other settings within the chosen third-party app.
5, To set a video as your wallpaper, select an MP4 or MOV video and choose one of the recommended apps from earlier. Then, select Video > Set as Wallpaper or a similar option within the app.
6. Customize the wallpaper s settings to your liking, and you’re all set to enjoy your new dynamic desktop.
Read More: How to Stop Apple Music from Playing Automatically in Your Car? A Step-to-Step Guide in 2023!
FAQ About Live Wallpaper on Mac
You may have some questions right now, and these are the solutions.
- Do live wallpapers work on all versions of macOS?
Live wallpapers are not supported by every macOS version. MacOS Mojave or later supports live wallpapers.
- Can I create my live wallpaper?
A third-party program like Live Desktop or Wallpaper Engine can be used to create live wallpaper, thus yes.
- Can I Use a Gif as A Live Wallpaper on Mac?
Install and use the GIFPaper Preferences Panel on your Mac to set a GIF as your background image. Next, choose a GIF from your computer or provide a URL to a GIF that is already online.
Using the app’s settings, you may modify the GIF’s dimensions and placement, as well as its playback speed and loop parameters. The GIF will load instantly as your new background image.
- Can I Use a Live Wallpaper as A Screensaver?
Yes, you may use a live wallpaper as a screensaver on your Mac by selecting it in System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver.
- How Do I Adjust the Settings for My Live Wallpaper?
Depending on the app being used, the live wallpaper settings will change. Some applications let you change the video’s orientation, playing speed, and other parameters.
Read More: How to Clear Storage on Apple Watch? A Step-to-Step Guide in 2023!
You’ve probably spent most of your life being used to static backgrounds. But creating a live wallpaper or video wallpaper might be a fun way to switch things up.
To open up new possibilities for your Mac desktop page, take the actions outlined in this guide.
This is the place to go if you need even more assistance getting the most out of your Mac. You may learn how to fix a frozen MacBook Pro and unlock your MacBook without a password or Apple ID.
A piece on changing the home screen background for Apple devices is also available.