The name “Mac” was given to the brand because of the superior quality of the experience it provides. Ask any Mac user why they love their operating system and they will tell you it is simple. It includes its own App Store, where you may find millions of useful programmes for any purpose.
It’s not always easy to uninstall an app from a MacBook, though. This post is for you if you’ve experienced anything like what’s described here. In this article, we’ll take a look at the Macintosh operating system and see how to uninstall programmes.
How Come Mac Apps Won’t Uninstall?
Apps may be difficult to uninstall for a variety of reasons on a Mac. One of the two reasons listed below may be at play if you are unable to delete a certain app:
Software that Runs on The Operating System
Users frequently attempt to delete a system app, even if they have no idea what it does and maybe deleting it because they believe it to be malicious. Macs ship with a number of preinstalled applications known as system programs, and Apple doesn’t let you delete them.
An Active App
Though it may not appear in the dock, some apps may be actively processing data in the background even if you can’t see them. If an app is running while the Mac is shut down, you won’t be able to delete it.
- Taking Your Mac Back to Factory Settings: Deleting Programs
- On a Mac, there are two options for uninstalling software:
- LaunchPad App Deletion
- To access Launchpad, either double-click its icon in the Dock or navigate to the Application folder.
- Start by browsing for it or searching for it by name.
- To make the apps dance, click and hold them for a moment. The Option key can also be used.
- To remove the programme, first click the Delete button located next to it, and then confirm the removal by clicking the Delete button again.
The Finder App Deletion Procedure
- In the Finder, you can remove apps even if they don’t have the Delete button in the Launchpad. These programmes cannot be obtained from the Mac App Store but are essential system components.
- Discover the app by searching for it in Finder or using Spotlight.
- You can either drag the app’s icon down to the Trash or select File > Move to Trash from the main menu. Once you input your password, the app will be deleted from your device.
You Can Remove the App from The Trash by Selecting Empty Trash
- Methods for Removing Unwanted Mac Applications
- You’ll need to discover another means of removal if you’re unable to remove a Mac app utilising the aforementioned two techniques. Come with me as I explore the Mac app deletion process.
- In case your MacBook gets wet, here’s what you should know about preventing and fixing water damage.
- Get Out of the App
Wherever You Are on Your Mac, Press Option + Command + Esc at The Same Time
- Selecting this option will bring up a window labelled “Force Quit Application,” which lists all presently active software.
- Simply Force Quit the programme you wish to remove and then shut the window to complete the process.
- You can now delete the app in the usual way, as described above, as the app has been closed.
Utilize the Local Installer
An in-app uninstaller is a feature of some apps that is included in the app package and cannot be removed without damaging the app. This is typical of non-App Store apps and is a sign of a legitimate third party app. Use the app’s built-in uninstaller if you’d like to delete it.