Today I am going to show how to mine the newly forked coin named bitcoin gold, which is forked from the original bitcoin. For those who don’t know to let you that bitcoin gold work on the Equihash Algorithm- the same one on which Zcash, zencash, zclassic works.
A few days earlier when bitcoin gold released, miners got excited about mining the newest cryptocurrency bitcoin gold, the idea was to grab as much coin in the initial stage when the difficulty is less. Few of them have the idea to sell them insteadly as the market rates go up and some grabbing for the long-term.
Talking about the long-term for bitcoin gold and the first forked bitcoin sister named bitcoin cash which released in August have achieved mile after its birth.In recent activity, we can clearly see bitcoin cash have finally make upto 3rd ranked cryptocurrency after ethereum on the basis of market cap value. This could give somewhat idea about the bitcoin gold that it could be somewhat profitable.
BTG official network is expected to start on Nov 12 2017. The current mining ports and accounts will be automatically transferred from testnet to main net mining.
Some of the reason Bitcoin gold seems to have great future
- Work on equihash, means could be minable with GPU hardwares
- idea behind bitcoin gold is to make bitcoin decentralize again
- a new coin amongst miner to try surging price to go high so do difficulty level
- less transaction fee with fast transaction algorithm
- works on smaller block size
Best GPU with Harshrates for mining BTG
- GeForce GTX 1070 480 Sol/s
- GTX 1050 / 1050Ti 175 Sol/s
- GeForce GTX 1080 550 Sol/s (stock)
- GeForce GTX 1060 290–317 Sol/s
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 2,880 Sol/s
- GeForce GTX 1080Ti 770 Sol/s
Best Os For mining BTG
- Windows 10
- SimpleMining OS
BTG Supportive Wallets
- You can keep Bitcoin gold on the Exchange wallets too like Bitfinex
Mining Bitcoin Gold
- First create a wallet address here
- Copy your BTG wallet address from funds deposit section
- Download the miner and extract the contents
- Open config.txt file and paste the following details for AMD
For Nvidia simple Right click start.bat open with notepad change wallet address and worker name.
- Save and close the file
- start mining by running start.bat file