With the release of Opera 50, which is currently in development stage has got new Save as PDF, the Rest factory Setting button, which enables to Rest Factory from factory will be now shown in ‘Browser settings ’, Clicking on this button will restore the setting and clean the preferences, but not the save passwords, history, and bookmarks will be kept as it is.
The newer version of opera is based Chromium and almost same UI as Google Chrome do. The older version of opera doesn’t include the Reset Option. The newer Opera Beta version includes this new feature to enable Reset Factory Settings from flag options.
How to Enable Reset Button in Opera
- Goto opera://flags
- Search for reset and select the ‘Enabled’ for Reset to factory settings.
- Restart Opera to apply changes.
How to Reset Opera to Factory Settings
- Goto Opera menu and select ’Settings’
- Click on ‘Browser’ & you’ll will see Reset Opera Section under Default browser >> click on ”Reset factory Settings”.
The new Opera is based upon the chromium and opera don’t offer Reset button in there settings panel.
Alternative Way (Works With Old Opera Versions)
- Opera and goto opera://about
- In the new page you will see the “Paths” section.
- Copy Profile and Cache Path
- Delete these two folder from paths and Restart the browser to apply the changes