Since the heat going up in mining crypto currencies and mining those, the configuration of the miner is important too. Doing so ensures the long run of the miner and making it to give the maximum hashrates.
Although these is not that much to talk about, there is few point to remember which is absolutely important.
These Mining configurations could be applied to the mining rigs for Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Monero, Sia Coin, Pascal Coin, ZCash, Zclassic, Decred and much more.
Although you can mine in windows 7 too, but it is always good to have the latest version of windows
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Again, it’s important to have the 64bit and not the 32bit one, which ensures the maximum compatibility.
I’ve tested Minging on Windows Servers Version too and although it’s less used by people but mining and hashrates are satisfying there too.
Hardware Configuration For Mining Rig
- Plug the Ethernet Cable only after the Windows installation completed.
- Plug ONE GPU the first time to install the Driver.
- Plug the Riser cable correctly in PCI 16x Slot ( Once I placed it the wrong way and end up heating and destroying the cable).
- Use SSD of atleast 60Gb, SSD ensures to give maximum disk speed for the mining purpose.
- Always Use ONE Partition i.e. only C: , you are not going to use the miner as Personal Computer.
Keep in mind to plan before you buy, because the motherboard is going to be the most important among the hardware.
Some of the supportive good mining Motherboard up in market -> Biostar H81 Pro BTC, ASUS Prime h270 Pro, Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon.
Mother Board And BIOS Configuration
- Set the CPU Fan to Auto
- Set PCIe Clock Speed from Auto to Gen1
- Turn On Special Mining Mode or 4g Decording Option
- Switch the “Restore on Ac/Power loss” to “Power on”
Increase Virtual Memory
- Goto This Pc’s Properties, right click on it and goto”Properties”
- navigate to “Advanced System Settings” from the left panel.
- On “Advanced” tab goto where it says “Performance” & click on “Settings”
- Click on “Advanced” tab
- At the bottom you will see “Virtual memory”, click on “Change”
1. Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives“
2. Check “Custom size”
3. In the “Initial size (MB)” type: 16000
4. In the “Maximum size (MB)” type: 16000
5. Click “Set”, then “OK” and “Apply”
- Restart the rig
- Search Power Option from Control Panel.
- Goto Show additional plan.
- Select High Performance
- Change the Sleep Settings to Never Sleep
Note: The Sleep setting appears only after you install the GPU Drivers, so make sure you have already done that before.
- Restart Rig
Turn Off Windows Updates
- Goto Run ( By pressing Windows+ r)
- Type “services.msc”
- Search for Windows Update
- Click Stop, if its running
- Select Disabled on startup type
- Apply & Restart Rig
Registry Tweaks For Mining
I’ve created this file which automatically disables unuseful windows function
- Download this file https://goo.gl/p1Cu3T
- Run the .bat file as Administrator
- Once done, Restart rig.
Hope you like the Post… Subscribe to the Blog and Stay Tune!